Church of S. Giacomo di Calino in S. Giacomo
S. Giacomo (St. James) is a Romanesque chapel of considerable artistic interest, with frescoes from the 14th Century. On the outside of the south wall we can clearly see the fresco of St. Christopher with the Child on his shoulders, a life-size depiction, so that it could be seen from far away: indeed, the belief was that anyone who gazed upon the image of the saint, for the rest of that day would be protected from sudden death. The altar is dedicated to St James the Greater, and a wooden statue of him, dating back to 1501 is preserved there. The current door is of 16th-Century origin, as are the two square windows, which St. Charles Borromeo had installed on the occasion of his Apostolic Visit in August 1580.