Church of S. Antonio Abate

Church of S. Antonio Abate in Sasso
At some 500 metres above sea level, in a little hamlet of Sasso, inland of Gargnano, stands the parish church. The building, which now has a single nave, was probably erected in the 17th Century, on the ruins of a 12th-Century chapel. S. Antonio Abate (St. Anthony, Abbot) was originally a chaplaincy of the church of S. Martino at Gargnano, but was declared a parish in 1646.There are three altars: the high altar, behind which stands the statue of its patron saint St. Anthony, Abbot, an altar dedicated to our Lady of the Rosary and one dedicated to the Last Supper, decorated with an 18th-Century canvas, painted by the local artist Stefano Celesti. The courtyard offers matchless views over the lake.

Associazione Turistica Gargnano
Piazzale Boldini, 2 - 25084 - GARGNANO (BS)- Lake Garda Italy
Tel / Fax 0039 0365.791243 - info@gargnanosulgarda.it